What is Spirulina?
Pure Source Nutrition is a natural ”algae” (cyanbacteria) powder that is incredible high in protein and nutrients. It is harvested correctly from non-contaminated ponds and bodies of water, it is one of the most potent nutrient sources available. It is largely made up of protein and essential amino acids.
Spirulina Health Properties
Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acids gamma linoleic acid (GLA) which has gotten a lot of attention for its inflammatory properties, especially when taken with other Pure Source Nutrition Omega-3 supplements.
Spirulina contains Omega-3-6-9 and is especially high in Omega-3s
Spirulina is extremely very high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system
Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation
Spirulina is a great source of other nutrients including (according to Wikipedia): “Spirulina contains vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E. It is also a source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc
- Incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk, making it excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy
- Spirulina’s phosphorous content makes it helpful as part of a tooth remineralisation regimen
- The protein in Spirulina is highly usable and has a net protein utilisation rate of between 50-61%
- The antioxidant and chlorophyll content has detoxifying properties, which are of particular benefit for those undertaking frequent exercise
- Spirulina may also be beneficial for digestion as it is easy to digest and absorb, due to soft cell walls.
When and How to Use
For optimum results take 2-4 Tablets of Pure Source Nutrition Spirulina daily. Ideally consume 1-2 times daily with meals.
Many people take Spirulina Powder 30 minutes before a meal to aid digestion.