What is HMB?
HMB is short form for Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate. It is a new and exciting supplement that is one of the most popular body building supplements today. HMB is a metabolite of leucine, one of the body's essential BBCA (branch chain amino acid). It plays a part in protein synthesis and was discovered by Dr. Steve Nissen in scientific studies to purportedly increase muscle mass and decrease muscle breakdown.
What does HMB do in the body?
HMB is believed to play a significant role in the way our bodies build new muscle tissue and burn fat. When test subjects consumed supplemental HMB and engaged in weight-training exercise, HMB appeared to minimize the muscle tissue breakdown that occurs naturally after strenuous activity. With less muscle damage to repair, the body appears to speed up the rate at which it builds new muscle tissue and in turn seems to burn more fat.
- Gain Lean Muscle whilst Reducing Fat
- Improves Muscle Recuperation & Size
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Improves Arterial Health
- HMB plays a role in the synthesis of muscle tissue. It has the ability to burn fat and builds muscle consistently in response to exercise.
- It also helps endurance athlete in several ways: first, by limiting protein breakdown, it could speed your recovery from tough workouts, allowing you to fit more quality training into your schedule. The idea is that since there's less muscle destruction after a workout, there's less that needs to be rebuilt, so recovery occurs more quickly.
- By limiting some of the protein catabolism and wear and tear produced when athletes bombard their muscles with both prolonged (endurance) and heavy-load (strength) work, help athletes to become more fatigue-proof AND powerful.
- It is proven fact that HMB can reduce the levels of a chemical called 3-methylhistidine (in the urine test). 3-methylhistidine is a marker of protein degradation (breakdown), the more 3-methylhistidine that appears in the urine, the greater the rate at which muscles are breaking down.
- It improves the recovery from strenuous exercise in endurance athletes as well. Plasma levels of two key muscle enzymes which are often considered to the markers of muscle damage, CK and LDH, also were lower with the HMB supplementation.
100% Pure HMB (Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate)
|Nutritional Information:||Per Serving|
|HMB (Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate)||4g / 4000mg|
Vegetarians & Vegans.
When and How to Use
4 headed teaspoon (4g) to 250ml of water or your favourite beverage 1 or 2 times daily. Take 1 serving in the morning & 1 serving in the evening.