What is Glutamine?
The most abundant of amino acids found in the body, Glutamine (or L-Glutamine) makes up over 60 percent of the skeletal muscle tissue. It is a fuel the digestive tract and immune system craves, and 19 percent of a Glutamine molecule is made up of nitrogen, making it the primary conductor of nitrogen to the muscles. It is especially found in high concentrations in the brain, muscles, gut lining, lungs, heart, kidney, and liver where it has multiple and critical functions.
How does Glutamine Works?
What Glutamine does is play a vital role in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, increased production and secretion of Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and anti-catabolism i.e. the impairment and breakdown of muscle tissue, especially in bodybuilders.
Research findings show that after an intense workout lactic acid build up has occurred in the muscles, but at the same time Glutamine levels are reduced by as much as 50%. Studies have also shown that Glutamine supplementation effectively reduces muscle tissue breakdown and improves protein metabolism.
Who can Benefit from taking Glutamine?
Bodybuilders and strength athletes in particular can benefit from increased intake of Glutamine. As mentioned above, when bodybuilders train, Glutamine levels can drop dramatically. Muscle catabolism can occur when the body robs the muscles of Glutamine to use in the immune system or nitrogen transport. Glutamine supplementation can help reduce the effects of muscle catabolism.
Glutamines Functions in the Body
Glutamine is essential for several bodily functions. These include:
- Primary source of energy for the immune system.
- It is converted to Glutamic acid in the brain and promotes the synthesis of GABA, an important brain neurotransmitter.
- Maintains the structural integrity of the intestinal lining. Plays a major role in synthesizing muscle protein and cell-volumizing.
- Assists with blood sugar control.
- Decreases Recovery Time From Strenuous Exercise.
- Improves Immunity & Muscle Cell Hydration.
- Support Growth Hormone Production.
- Rapidly Absorbed Glutamine Complex.
100% Pure L-Glutamine
|Amount Per Serving:|
Vegetarians & Vegans.
When and How to Use
5g can be taken in the morning, pre and post workout. Use 5-10g of Pure Source Nutrition L-Glutamine stirred into 400ml of ice-cold water or mixed into Whey Protein (Pre-Workout Intensifier).